Michael Martin says Fianna Fail wants fairness and equality. Their record tells a different story.
* They gave a blanket guarantee to cover bank debt leaving the Irish people paying off the €64 billion until 2053,
* They drew up plans for water charges and estimated that they would cost 500 euros a year,
* They introduced the USC,
* They started the policy of discriminating against young people by halving social welfare for those under 20,
* They cut the wages of public sector workers.
* They cut the minimum wage by €1 an hour,
* They cut 32,000 home help hours in 2009- 2010,
* They cut the medical card for those aged over 70,
* They cut child benefit by €16 per month per child.
* They set up NAMA to help builders and property developers. They turned a blind eye as these transferred assets to their spouses. NAMA then put sixty of the developers on a retainer of €100.00 year to maintain bankrupt property.
It’s Fianna Fail’s way of looking after their own – their rich friends.
For more information – Cllr Bríd Smith- 087 909 0166